Friday, November 26, 2010

Oh So Thankful!

Happy Thanksgiving (a day late)!! I feel so very thankful this year, just too many blessings to count. First of all...I know Jesus and he has saved me, he loves me and wants a relationship with me. Then, there is my husband. I feel so blessed to have a good man in my life. One who helps me and respects me. We are in love and I am so thankful for that. Then there are my children. Benji is so smart and fun, however, he is two and so there are trials and tests but all in all, I can't get enough of him. And then there is Kaiya. I m so thankful to be her mother. She truly a little blessing from God. Life will never be perfect for us but we have our little miracle at home with us and we love her so much. We are so happy to report that she is talking a lot and she is now rolling over. We really thought that this would never happen. I think we you have a sick child you focus so much on "today" that you forget of all of the things that will happen so when she does something new we are overjoyed. Also, very thankful for our family and friends.

We do have one prayer request for Kaiya. She has been spitting up every morning for three weeks. Now she is not like a normal baby spitting up. She does not eat she is fed through a feeding tube and has had a Fundoplication which should keep her from refluxing. In the mornings during or after her first feeding she gags on the mucus that is draining down her throat. The problem is that most often she is unable to clear it herself and I have get the bulb syringe and help her so that she can breathe. A little scary but so far God has taken care of us. We are praying that her runny nose clears up and that she stops spitting up and ask you to do the same. God has taken such good care of our daughter so far and I know that he answer prayers in his own time and we will just be patient. Thank you all who have prayed for our daughter and continue to do so. We are truly in debt to you. We are thankful for you too!!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I too, just felt so blessed yesterday, and so thankful. The kids and I all sat around the table and talked about what we were thankful for, before we prayed and blessed our wonderful food!

I will be praying for your dear sweet daughter. Praise God, we have such a wonderful and powerful God to go to with our concerns and requests!