Monday, January 24, 2011

Creative Every Day Challenge



I am going to try something this year. I have been a little depressed lately. I am sure that some of it stems from being in the house ALL the time but there is part of my depression that stems from my lack of creative expression. I have been in school most of the last five years and I have been taking art classes every semester. I had time at school to create but since Kaiya was born I have only had ideas, there has never been enough time to implement. Well...that is going to change. I am starting today. Everyday I will do something creative weather I paint, sew, draw, do something creative with Benji or try a new recipe I will strive to be as creative as possible. I will also strive to post my creations on my blog...that may not happen everyday but I will work on it. (For more info click on the CED 2011 picture above)




I pray that you are all well.


2 comments:

S Club Mama said...

what color is your font? I had to copy & paste this to word to read it :S Anyway, that sounds like a great challenge! I'm not very artsy but someday I'd like to learn to paint and sew well. :D

If you ever need someone to watch the kids while you're being creative, don't hesitate to ask. :D

Kristi said...

Oh, what a wonderful idea, Kim! It is truly such a release, and almost therapedic to have a creative outlet! I'm sure it will help you greatly! I pray baby is doing well, now too!

Now that I've been homeschooling for 6 years, I can look back and say that I've always been happier when I had projects going. Not getting out of the house, and being active with others, really does get you down at times. God has given me so much grace to be in His will, and has used creative projects to help me cope! I just picked up some fabric to make beds for the kid's Webkinz pets. I'm hoping it will help get me through the winter blues!

Have fun and enjoy! =)