Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 3


Creative every day challenge Day 3



I finished my first painting. This is the one from the other day, I used what I had as a background and just played with the paint last night (day 2). Today, I added the words. I have been toying with the idea of incorporating words for awhile but I just had not started anything.

I am having a blast with this challenge and I am proud of myself for trying. Now I will have to start something tomorrow. I think that tomorrow I need to get my art journal going again. That way I can have some ideas on paper before I move to another project.

5 comments:

S Club Mama said...

you are very talented, my friend!! That's beautiful and would be a blessing to any home decor :D

Kim Aberle said...

Randi, you are so sweet! Thank you!!

skmeister said...

Love it Kimmy!!!

The Hoovs said...

Kim, I can relate to you on so many levels!!!! I always have to be creating or learning... I can't do much creating here, so I've been using my left brain to study up on economics/currencies/markets/investing! A far cry from a beautiful painting, but nonetheless it is keeping me out of the ugly depression area!

Your painting is absolutely beautiful! I have long said there is a hugely untapped market for Christian-themed artwork that is also aesthetically pleasing. You have hit the mark with this one. I think it would look lovely in your house!

Love you all so much! Brenna

Kristi said...

Just beautiful, Kim! Words are so hard, you've done a fantastic job! I'm so glad you are tapping into that talent of yours again. :-)

My mom loves the mountains, and loves Psalm 23. So I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate the two in an oil painting...I'm still coming up short...