Friday, February 11, 2011

Wanted to share a recipe that i will be making this weekend. This is my FAV meatball recipe! My sister gave me this recipe and I believe that she recieved it from a lady we went to chruch with growning up.

Barbecue Meatballs

3 lbs hamberger
2 cups quick oats
1 cup chopped onion (I don't use that much, we don't like much onion)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Sauce (can be doubled if putting in crock pot after baking)
2 cups ketchup
1 cup brown suugar
2 tbsp liquid smoke

Roll meatballs into walnut sized balls and place on a flat pan. Put sauce on top of meatballs and bake at 350 F for 45-60 minutes. Be careful not to over bake them.

This really is a good recipe and pretty easy. The best way to mix the meatballs is to use your hands, this is the worst part of this recipe. I hate it becasue I don't like messy hands and I hate it when my hands get cold and it seems that the meat is always cold. Anyway, hope you have fun! Enjoy!!!

No comments: