Monday, February 7, 2011

Despite my lacking of proof...I have been...

Despite my lack of proof, I have been working on being creative everyday. I have been working on Bible bookmarks for my mother-in-law and I only have 19 left of 96. They are a lot of fun and very relaxing. I normally work on them while Chris is watching basketball or some other sporting event on TV (I would rather be creative then watch a game even though I enjoy college basketball). I have also been experimenting with some backgrounds to some fluid paintings. I am excited about these but will have to wait as the paints that I need for these are VERY expensive. I will wait till this summer for those probably because I need some more space and they will be so much easier to clean up outside.

I have also been doing a lot of brainstorming. I have been playing with the idea of doing paintings for my children with their names. I wanted to get started on them but we are planning on moving Benji upstairs this summer and I am not sure what colors we are going to paint his room, and Kaiya she will have her own room downstairs and we may just have to paint her room too. I just don't know yet. I thought waiting would be best. I did finish one the other day for my newest niece. My step brother had a baby a couple of weeks ago and I was not sure what to get for her. I found a canvas and decided to just paint a name painting for her. I think that it turned out pretty cute. I will post later with photos of all of these projects. Another reason that things have been slower the last couple of weeks is that our laptop just quit working a couple weeks ago and we had to go get a new one, which we have been talking about anyway. The problem with this is that I am not able to get onto my other laptop and there are all kinds of ideas that I need to move over to this computer. I guess I will have to call our personal IT guy sometime. I am excited because I have a ton of ideas...now I just have to get all of the stuff that I need and I can get started! SO EXCITED!

One piece of good news. My biggest struggle is that I really don't have a place to be creative. There is no place in this tiny, little house for a studio. There is a basement but I refuse to go down there unless to get food from the freezer or to flip a switch in the breaker. My mom and step dad are building a house and she offered to let me us a room in the basement for my studio. I am so pumped. It will not be done till this summer but it is something to look forward to and she said that she would help me with the kiddos while I am painting. I will not move everything over there (I will need to keep some things at home so I can still work on things here). What a blessing this will be!

No comments: