Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Creative Everyday Challenge...recent projects

This is a background that I started working on a while ago. I am planning on doing a fluid painting on this one but I have to sace up some money for some good paints. Fluid paintings are really cool but you have to get the correct kind of paints so that you have very vivid colors otherwise they are a little lackluster. I am sure that I will paint over this three or four times before I decide on a good background, I just like playing. This is actually three small canvases put together.


This is another background that I have been playing with. I have since changed it because I tried to do a fluid painting but it did not seem to workout. The colors flowed but they just all mixed together too much and did not look interesting.
I have been working on these quite a few days. They are Bible bookmarks. My mother-in-law asked me to make these for her for gifts. They were a blast and I was able to get them done pretty quickly. The biggest problem is that I had to wait till the kiddos were in bed. Benji thought it was great fun to mix all of my piles together. I also just finished some for myself to give as gifts. I just thought that it would be nice to have something around the house for when I need something for someone.

I will post again with a few more things that I have been working on.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Great stuff Kimberly! And I really love your blog's background!

Kristi said...

What fun! I hope you are able to get those paints soon, so you can continue on these great projects!